There are many Floor Polishing options for any home owner looking to have a clean, shiny and spotless floor. However, there are some things that you will need to put in mind before you do the actual polishing. Let’s take a look at some of the considerations that you should make.
Firstly, it’s important to know what options you have. This will put you in the best place to choose the one that will give you the highest value for your money. Basically, you have the following two options:
- DIY solutions – These involve you doing the actual work of polishing the surface. You can rent the equipment and buy the solutions then do some reading on how it’s done and maybe you might be able to pull it off. However, unless you are looking to start a floor polishing business, this is very far from ideal because you will almost certainly have leftover solutions that might go to waste when not used in a long time. There is also a good chance that the finish will not be as good since most people are not very skilled in the field. Which brings us to the second option:
- Hire a professional – This one involves hiring the services of an individual or company that is specialized in giving these services. This option is proven to give you good results even if you have no prior experience in floor polishing. The individual polisher might be cheaper, but a majority of them will be standalone businesses that are run by the owner. This means that there is likely to be a number of limitations like the lack of equipment for some floors or sometimes even busy schedules because the individual can only be at one place at any given time. However, the professional Floor Polishing Company is a much better bet than the others.
A very important factor to keep in mind when choosing how you are going to clean your floor is how fast the given floor gets dirty. If the home is frequently used by kids, it may be hard to keep it clean for long hence you may be better off just buying a polishing machine for yourself.
Considerations When Choosing the Service Provide
Once you have established the kind of service to use, you need to hit the marketplace and find the service provider to work with. These are the questions that you’ll need to ask:
- How many years have they been in operation? This question is important because it will help determine if you can trust their experience with your home or office. Generally, you should pick a company that has been in operation for a reasonable amount of time.
- Do they work on floors with your type of finish? From solid concrete to ceramic tiles and sometimes even wood, floors can be made from a number of materials. You need to be sure that they have the skills and equipment necessary to handle the work. Different materials need different procedures for polishing hence you need to be sure that they have what it takes.
- Do they have flexible working schedules? This is mostly an option for people seeking floor polishing in offices. A floor polishing service should be able to work on weekends when the offices are not full of people. This eliminates the need for having to cancel some operations to have cleaning done.
- Do they offer any extra services? Some floor polishing companies will also do some maintenance on the outdoor surface. In most cases, you will find that if you get the service as a package, you will get to save a reasonable amount of money. Asking them if they offer any such services will also give you an option to enjoy these savings.
- Do they have photos of past jobs? This is a good way of gauging if they have what it takes to deliver the results promised. Good before and after images will be able to easily show the effect of the polishing on the different floors. This is also a good place to read a number of customer testimonials about the service delivery.
- How does their pricing compare with the competition? Once you have received satisfactory solutions for the questions above, ask for a quote and see if it is reasonable for the services. If you have never sought these services before, you can ask for a quote from some of the closest competitors to get an idea of the reasonable amount for your floor.
After identifying the company to work with all that’s left is to prepare your home or office for cleaning. Having to re-do your Home or Office Floor is an expense you should never have to face. Go for professionals in the field like AB Polishing and you will not be disappointed.